The Alfdex oil mist separator is a unique product that uses the centrifugal separation technique to prevent unclean ventilated crankcase gases returning tp the inlet of diesel engines in a closed system.
Installing an Alfdex oil mist separator means that oil droplets and soot are removed from the blow-by and returned to the oil sump. Only clean blow-by gases are then returned to the manifold.
The Alfdex design combines Alfa Laval’s unparalleled expertise with industrial centrifugal separators, and Haldex know-how being an established supplier to the global automotive industry. The Alfdex unit is designed for diesel engines in the capacity range 5-16 litres.
Alfdex features and benefits include:
- Can be fitted to any diesel engine.
- No discharge of oil to the outside of the engine. No oil stains on the ground.
- Meets forthcoming legislation requirements related to crankcase ventilation.
- High efficiency - typical cleaning performance > 98%
- CCV solution that solves problems with coke deposits in the turbo-charger,
as well as accumulated oil in the intercooler.
- “Fit and Forget” - no service throughout the engine’s service life.
- Reduced oil consumption - no oil ventilated to the environment.
- No waste product (e.g. filter) that needs to be recycled.
- No internal pressure drop. Extracts gases from the crankcase via a small fan effect.
- No need for an external fan.
- Low power consumption.